conversations with myself -- an introduction

finally, i can start the long-awaited series that i've been planning. no, not a telenovela (although who knows), nor something monumental as LOTR or the HP series (again, who knows). this is something more...realistic, and something i can write about since i do it everyday.

yes. i have conversations with myself. it started when i was stuck in traffic, i don't remember when, and i started answering questions that my head threw at me, and answering them out loud. it made for good self discovery, and provided material for the essay(s)/blog entries/short stories i was planning to write but never got around to doing so. until now. i also planned to write everything out in longhand, but my brain worked faster than my fingers could write my thoughts down. besides, i worked on computers and laptops for so long now that my fingers are actually less adept at writing longhand and more excited to tap away at keyboards.


of course there are some things that i cannot write about in a blog, so i still maintain a private journal, written in longhand with penmanship that was honed by years of classes at st scho manila, and then further maintained in law school, because good penmanship was an unspoken prerequisite for the bar exam. 


wow. just introducing the planned series is already a blog entry in itself. 


what am i aiming for, with this series? well, i just want to write what i think. there's just too much information running in my mind right now that i grow tired even when i'm not really doing anything. also, there's the added bonus of self-discovery. i never thought i had a pretty much busy life, even though i rarely go out except to go to work, go to church and go to the bank and the grocery store.


there are also realizations about the world i live in, and the people and things and events around me. although i wasn't living in a cocoon all my life, there are some things that, from a third party point of view, may have been different if things were or weren't done. 


and of course, this series could be my chance to (a) become a published writer, (b) join the palanca awards, and/or (c) find something to enhance the talents given to me. (C) sounds feasible, but (a) and (b), who knows. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment